Saturday, April 07, 2007

Back to Believe & Faith

Belief had led us to the word "faith" and some of the other information was about the Psalmist and Prophets present faith as unwaverying trust in God to save His servants from thier foes and fulfill His purpose of blessing them. Isaiah, particularly, denounces reliance on human aid as inconsistent with such trust. The New Testament regards the self-despairing hope world renouncing obedience from their foes and fulfill his declared purpose of blessing them. The book of John is fullest on this, emphasizing (1) that faith ("believing on", "coming to", and "teacher and miracle worker, but as God in carnate, who atoning death is the sole means of salvation; that faith in Christ secures present enjoyment of "eternal life." in fellowship with God. Paul shows that faith in Christ is the only way to a right relationiiship with God, which human works cannot gain; Hebrews and 1 Peter faith as the dynamic of hope and endurance under persecution. Wow!, How cool is that. I go to look up my "Word" and it leads me to another word, which explains my word even more. It also helps to explain more of what I need to hear and understand about God. God might not always tell us exactly what He wants us to know just so we can read His Word and find out for ourselves what it is. He really wants us to learn from this: To learn more by depending on Him (God) to teach us. The defintion goes on to state that the Reformers restorted Biblical perspectives by insisting that faith is more than orthodoxy, not fides merely, but fiducia, personal trust and confidence in God's mercy through Christ; that it is not a meritoios work, one facet of human righteousness, but rather an appropriating instrument, an empty had outstretched to receive. The free gift of God's righteousness in Christ; faith is God given, and is itself the animating principle from which love and good works spontaneously spring; and that communion with God means not an exotic rapture of mystical ecstasy, but just faith's everyday commerce with the Savior. This particular information was taken from The Evangelical Dictionary of Theology and this information from, J.I. Packer. It kind of brings us all the way back around to my word "believe"; in turn meaning having the faith enough to "believe" in God. Under the word "Christian Believer" it can mean "believer" or "faithful" or "trustworthy." I'll still study this word and continue to relay to you all what I find out.

Prayer Requests:
1. For a miracle that I will be healed and nothing less.
2. For brain power to memorize my scripture - it goes fast :)
3. For speaking opportunities and the ability to remember what to say
4. For opportunities to serve here
5. For the ability to write what God wants me to write - the ability for Him to speak through me, if that's what He wants.
6. Don't forget to think of each day as your last and live it to the fullest.
7. MOST OF ALL - DON'T FORGET TO PRAY FOR MY SCANS ON TUESDAY, APRIL 10TH!!! Pray they will not see anything. I will not find out the results until APRIL 13TH. So, I will send out the results then. Thank you all again for your prayers and concern.

Love you all,
Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you. Called not to long ago and couldn't get you (call both cell and home phones) but didn't leave a message. We have been so busy with the new Church and all.

How about those Reformers love them and you also read one of my most favorite authors J.I. Packer. We have many of his writings and he is a great theologian.

You need to pick up some John Piper, Alistair Begg, Charles Spurgeon, John Owen, Elizabeth George, Carolyn Curtis Jomes, Jerry Bridges, Martha Peace and I could go on....

Know that I think about you daily and Know that I pray for you daily.
My prayer is for the Lord's will to be done in your life to His Glory and that he will fell you will grace and peace for whatever that may be.

Love
KK

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Just wanted to let you know that we rejoice with you in the news that the tumors are stable. Jose and I do pray for you. I pray that the Lord will show His grace sufficient for you in times of need. We have been studying the beattitudes in SS class and when I think of all that we go through in this life He lets us know that He has been there also and He holds our hand as we face the difficulties of life also. Having been on both sides, He wants us to know that it is worth it all. Drawing near to Him in these times is the greatest blessing of all because He promises that He will draw near to us. May God's grace always be sufficient.

In Christ,

Ken Silver

Anonymous said...

Kim,
You have been such an inspiration to our entire class. I feel so close to you, just from living through Jack and Wendy's weekly tesimonies. I know that God continues to give us our tests and trials in life and that we grow from each hurdle that we address. You have surpassed Mother Teresa, in my book. I look at the times that I have dealt with burdens or illness in my life and I could not even dare to compare with your life, yet you have withheld such a sweet outlook with your faith and attiutude. I have been strengthened by your faith and feel that our class is much stronger in just knowing you.
Please know that you are always in my prayers and that God's will is perfect. You gave Him the committment many years ago to surrender your life to be a missionary for Him. Today you still are!!!! Everyone that knows you or knows of you has been part of a living wittness that is as strong as He could ever ask.
Thank you for your strength and love,
Clarence Porter