Wednesday, May 30, 2007

God Loves Even Me

Hi everyone! I'm in Atlanta visiting family right now, which is Memorial Day. I'll be here for at least a week. I'm just happy to be outside of Knoxville for a change; or happy to be outside my house. I really want to go overseas, but since I can't drive or fly , I guess I'll take a boat. Anybody know of a boat I can borrow. If anybody knows me, they know that I will find a way.

So far so good on the doctors visits. I have gained 2 pounds - yeah!!! The medicine they gave me to have an appetite though taste awful! I had to take it back to the pharmacy and have them add flavor to it. It's a liquid. I was standing in line with the little kids to get my medicine flavored. Well, now I can swallow it without spitting it back out - I don't know how that would help anything. I started my 3rd or 4th round of chemo this past Saturday the 26th, so 2 more weeks again. My oncologist said we would schedule scans the next visit. But I don't want to think about that -- we will just pray about it instead. I have gone to the Cheesecake Factory to eat since I've been here. Oh my! It was very good. Well, I have to gain weight!

Some friends of mine in Knoxville and I are going to the beach June 16 - 23. I'm very excited. I haven't had a real vacation in a long time. Please pray I will stay healthy enough to go and healthy while I am there to enjoy myself. Pray for our safety as we travel as well.

To be where I am today is a miracle. I've got to enjoy each day while I can. He has blessed me so much. This October I will have hit my 5 year mark. I was diagnosed Oct. 10, 2002. At the time I had a 30% chance of making it 5 years. It's not all gone, but almost. We must pray that these next scans will show nothing there at all. I don't know why, but God me enough to keep me here a little longer. I wrote a little poem and felt God wanted me to share it with you all. It may not be a good poem; you may not like it; but maybe something in it will speak to you. If the Lord wanted me to share it, then maybe He has something to say to someone through it.

God Loves Even Me
God's love is sufficient
God's love is free
God's love extends to even me.
Love is patient
Love is kind
God's love is like
One you will never find
By searching here on earth
Only in your heart
Is where God's love starts
God's love never fails
He hugs you when you're
at your end
He holds on to you through
thick and thin
He'll see you through
every snare
You can be sure God
always will be there.
Trust Him with all you heart
He knows where you are going.
Live for Him everyday in everyway.
Share His love
for all to see
The love Jesus has
for you and even me.

Thank you all for reading my blog.
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement more than anything.

Blessings,
Kim Wilson
"(Love) . . . bears all things, believes, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I am so glad you are doing well! I will pray that your vacation will be restful and joy-filled! You are loved and missed.

Rebecca said...

Kim,
I prayed for you today and thanks for sharing your poem. You're right, God loves even me! Hope you got to enjoy your beach vacation.