Saturday, December 29, 2007

I'm Back - And It's Back!

Hello Everyone!! I pray everyone had a blessed Christmas, knowing that the best present under the tree is Jesus. I pray for everyone to have a happy, healthy, and blessed 2008!
Yes, around Dec. 7th I noticed some definte weakness in my legs beginning to worsen quickly. My sister had taken my Mother and I to Opryland Hotel and to see the Rocketts Christmas program. That was sooo beautiful. It was there I ended up having to get a wheelchair at one point, because the legs would just not move. We got back late Saturday night; I called the doctor Sunday Morning and he immediately put me in the hospital. Ran tests and the few tumors they had been watching had grown, plus numerous others had grown as well. They are laying along the "dura", which is a protective covering around our spinal fluid. Unfortuntantely, the tumors are in the spinal fluid, but most all of them are small. So, I've been going through radiation to my spine. Then, one day my Dad was taking me to radiation. We were sitting at a red light, there was a car behind us, waiting too. Well, this third car comes behind her apparently looking somewhere else - had no idea what was going on- did not even try to stop - ran into the car behind us and knock her into us. So, that lady knock two sitting cars into the intersection. Luckily, my Dad and I both had our seat belts on -- if not, we would have hit the windshield hard. Both of our necks and heads were going back and forth. There was a lot of traffic that day, so we were able to move the cars to the nearest parking lot - we had plenty of witnesses! I called my Radiologist's office and they told me not to move - well, like I was really going to anyway. I thought, this would be great to have a broken kneck right now. So, I got to have my first Ambulance ride! It wasn't that great though because I couldn't turn my head to look around. I just looked at the top of the ceiling the whole time. I think the driver took the longest route to the hospital too. I kept asking, "are we almost there yet?" Well, I had to go through more scans and more scans. Everything was fine - but they did find a couple more tumors in the "C" spine. Not big and they have just added that on to my current radiation. So, something good came out of it. It has definitely been crazy lately.
It has taken me a while to realize that I am going through cancer treatment again. It just doesn't seem real. But I know that God is right here beside me fighting this battle for me. He has shown me several verses lately -- 2 Chron. and 2 Peter. How I just have to watch Him and He will do the fighting and after I have suffered for a while, He will bring me back to strength and health. I just have to hang onto His promises.
So, add me to all your prayers lists again. I'm really tired from everything, plus radiation makes you tired, but I'm up too late right now, so that's not good. I promise I will update soon on more specific ways to pray.
Thank you all again for your love and concern and especially your prayers,
Kim Wilson
"with God ALL things are possible"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,

Life has be crazy as well in West Tennessee and in Lower L.A. for a while now. I have been informed through third party of what has been going on with you as well as a check on the web when possible.

You know that I pray for you. My Sunday School class and the PHBC family have you own their perminent prayer list.

I hope that through all of this that God is becoming more and more real to you in your circumstance of having cancer. We don't ordain our days but our Heavenly Father does and though we may not ever understand the journey he has laid out for us he is there with us. I pray more than anything that Jesus is more than enough and that He is your greatest Treasure.

Much Love
KK

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Kim,
It was so good to see you before Christmas. I had so much fun singing with you. I'm sorry that we were not able to work things out for that night at your house. You are such a blessing to me.... I mean we came over there to cheer you up and you are sitting there thinking of how to minister to somebody else through us. You are absolutely incredible and I love you for it. I can see God's love in you. Kim I pray for you every day, and I can't even imagine what you are going through. God loves you, and He is there for you. AND He has a wonderful Family of Christian brothers and sisters here on this Earth for you too. Please don't be afraid to reach out to us when you need us. We love you. Lisa, Joey, Mariann, and Andrew McCoy