Friday, March 14, 2008

Well, I finally made it back to NOBTS!!!

Yes, after two attempts, a car wreck before, and a car wreck trying to get to an Amtrax -- I finally made it with Billy, Elizabeth, Bailey, and Jesse -- plus two car seats four sets of luggage, birthday presents, a pimped up walker, and whatever else we could find to fit in the truck. I still think a piece of luggage is in the truck, but, oh well!, I've got my bank card! (My brother didn't hear that :))

The Seminary looks great, from what I've seen of it so far. A lot of people here and from all over the States have helped in that much. There is still much to do, especially as you move toward the back of the campus.

Wednesday night, I went to the church Elizabeth and I went to while we were here going to Seminary, Edgewater Baptist Church. And Wednesday night was the first time they were able to turn the electricity on in the Sanctuary. That was very exciting for them, and much more exciting for me, since I had not been able to be here to help in clean up in anyway, but God allowed me to be there for that electric moment! :)
There was a church there from Kingsport, TN. They had brought about 22 people to come down and work. The pastor is a guy who went here when Elizabeth and I did, so he asked if I would come speak at his church.
I have been speaking in various classes this week. I have been telling my story, as well as speaking on how in a pastoral role, what they need and need not do. The students would ask good questions, like:  
  • what did you want your pastor to do?
  • what did you want others in your church to do?
  • what helped? or what did not help?
The professors have all been great in letting me share whatever I want and then like I said, they will say just tell us some things that have really helped or hurt you.
I have also gathered through these past 5 1/2 years many resources that were not available when I was diagnosed and can give them out to them now, so they will at least have something or somewhere to point the person in who is going through cancer or some kind of crisis like this.

Hopefully the filming of what still needs work both here on campus and around and behind the campus. There are still FEMA trailors sitting by houses. Most are rebuilding their home and making their home look really nice. They have painted many in all these really bright colors. To me it shows  spirit in these people to bring a good New Orleans back. We are going to show our bright colors to show that we are brighter than ever. Hopefully that will scare away the bad.

Please continue to pray for these people, it is still hard no matter what.
Pray for the Seminary, staff, workers, and students as they hang in here as well.
Pray for people to come and help.
Pray for wisdom as I return and present opportunities to the church and other churches around Knoxville on how you can be involved in raising this place to be GOD centered and not evil centered anymore.
In one news report they have kept, it reported that after the hurricane the only shining point in the city that people could see for miles was the steeple on the chapel on the NOBTS seminary campus. As Dr. Kelley would say: "WOW! What a witness!"

I want to thank God for allowing me to get down here and thank the Dr.'s Kelley's and Mr. Clay Corvin for allowing me to visit with such giving. Everyone has went way and above to make my stay here wonderful. And yes Mom, they make sure I eat.  :)

Love everyone, see you all when I get back!
Kim -- with God ALL things are possible



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'M GLAD YOU MADE IT - ENJOY!

TALK TO YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK....

KK