Monday, October 02, 2006

Getting Ready for The Race for the Cure

Run the Race with Endurance"
Hebrew 12:1
I can't believe I have been home every year for the past 4 years in order to be involved with the RACE FOR THE CURE here in Knoxville, Tennessee. The first year I was home just after being diagnosed with breast cancer, it was just right after or right before the Race. So, I missed it - or I would have been here for 5 races. Unbelievable. I didn't plan it that way - but, I assume it was in God's plan that way. And I'm glad it was, because His plans are always better than our plans, even though it doesn't seem that way at the time. At first I wasn't involved, but the more I've been involved with the Race and getting it together and educating others on the importance of taking care of our bodies - these bodies, the only ones God has given us - the more enjoyable it has become. It has become a part of my life now.
The Races are so very important to breast cancer survivors and I think you have to be a survivor to truly understand why. The main goal of the Race is to raise awareness, to educate, to raise money for research - but, and this is a big BUT ( he, he) it also Celebrates those who are still surviving; fighting; and honoring those who survived for as long as God wanted them to survive here on this earth. This Race is very important to those of us who are still here.God has left us here for a reason. So, we must use every day to its fullest and honor Him in all we do. We must glorifiy Him in all we do, etc... I'm pretty sure this applies to all of us and not just breast cancer survivors. Some of those days, it is very hard and

No comments: