Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Quick Note and Prayer Request

I wanted to write a quick note this morning to ask everyone to pray today, because I am having more scans today - 10/31. I am having an MRI of the brain and the spine. I have been having more double vision lately and sometimes triple. Now that's real easy to walk when you get that -- not. But the double & triple vision just comes and goes. It will just appear and then only last about 5 to 7 minutes. So, my oncologist said it was making him nervous, so he wanted more scans. He had said after the last two scans were good, or rather no change, that he may let me go until the first of the year to have more scans, unless something made him nervous -- so, I've went and made him nervous.

So, pray there are no new tumors and that maybe an explanation can be found for the vision problems.

Lately I have been reading through some verses I wrote in a journal when I was first diagnosed and a lot of them come from the Old Testament, which I tend to like more; I like learning the meaning of the Hebrew words. First there is Joshua - of course - Be strong and courageous - ". . . Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

And: "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness." Isaiah 42:6-7

Then my favorite that I have found recently: ". . . For the battle is not yours, but God's. . . . You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you . . . Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you."
2 Chronicles 20:15b-17. I just love that picture of God standing there and fighting for me; of Him holding my hand.

These have given me strength lately. And pray that others will see God and His Holy Spirit in me in everything I do. That's what He all wants us to do.

Sorry for the quick note, but I won't know the results until Nov. 9th, unless he calls before that. So, we can pray I won't get a phone call, unless it is good, and that I will be able to wait until Nov. 9th without going crazy.
I will definitely let everyone know the outcome.

Other quick requests:
1. Pray for a friend of mine; His name is Rusty. He had mouth cancer several years ago and he went to the doctor last week and it has returned again. He and his family need our prayers.
2. My neice, Holly, had a scare after having her first baby. Her blood pressure went up to 250 over something. They finally got it to come down, but that was pretty scary there for a while. But continue to pray she stays well - as well as her new baby.
3. Speaking of new babies, my friend, Elizabeth and Billy had their second child on Monday, Oct. 28th. They are both doing great. His name is Jesse Benjamin.

Thanks again for your prayers and encouragement.
Many blessing for today,
Kim :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and for your complete healing. Glad to receive the updates that Vanee has been so faithful to send out!!

James Byrd, NOBTS

Anonymous said...

Always in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
I don't know if you have gotten the results of your scans back or not... I pray that everything is o.k. We love you and think of you every day. I am so soryy that I can't go to Ohio with you. I really wanted to, but Joey will be in W. Virginia and I can't leave the kids. Anyway, just know that we are praying for you. It was good to see you at the race. You looked strong.
Lisa, Joey, Andrew, and Mariann McCoy

Kimberly McKay said...

Kim please let me know how you're doing. I will continue to pray.