Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pray and Join

Hello Everyone!
I am down in Atlanta now. I got down here like that race where you hand off the baton. One person took me to Athens, TN; they then took me to Dalton, GA where we met the third person who took me on to my Aunt's house. It was kinda fun.
They got my uncle home. He is in a hospital bed in the living room. The nurses are all great. We just had one at night at first, then realized that we couldn't do it by ourselves during the day, so we have two more who are sharing day shifts. They started today and are very nice too.
Continue to pray for my uncle and the rest of the family. He's having a lot of pain and can't get good rest. Pray for my aunt as well, she's having a really hard time excepting that this is it.
I sit with him a lot and we have good talks. The nurses said to try to keep him talking as much as possible, because he wants to sleep so much he could slide into acoma. They said even if he is asleep, wake him up and make him talk to you. So, were doing pretty good. Getting into a rythm now - still working on that though, but getting better.

ALSO, I need your help still with Race for the Cure. Continue to sign people up and get donations. I'm very behind in donations. Remember, big companies want to give, but if they're not asked, they don't know who to give to. We need to join together as a team and work hard to make this the best year yet!!! I know we all can do it. Thanks for your help so far.

I'll keep you all informed.

I found this in a book I'm reading today by Anne Graham Lotz called "Life is . . . Just Better . . . with Jesus"
She says "He(Jesus) is the foundation on which we build our lives . . . the Rock on which we stand. His faithfulness is new every morning and fresh every evening. Eternity will not be enough time to thank Him for Who He is and what He has done - for you - and for me."
Amen?

No comments: